Saturday, April 22, 2017

Softball and Puppies

As the end of the semester is quickly appearing I find it important to take the time to do the things you love and to relax a little before the overwhelming stress kicks in. Last Monday I got the chance to go out to Robb Park with my father and hit some softballs. Softball has always been a huge part of my life, but sadly this is the first year I have not played. Being able to go and be on the field again was such an amazing stress reliever.

Not only did I get to do what I love, but we also found a lost puppy. For those of you that do not know, Robb Avenue in Lima is an extremely busy street. I was able to catch the pup before she ran into the street. The first thing I looked for was her tags, which she did not have. Then we started looking around to see if anyone appeared to be looking for her. That failed us as well. After about an hour or so we decided to call the dog warden and ask what we should do. The final decision was to take her to the Allen County Dog Warden and hope the owner look for her.

In the two hours, the puppy was with us, she never made a sound and was very scared. I was able to run and play with her, which made both of us happy. She was such a sweet girl. All I can hope for her is that her family finds her, or she gets adopted by an even better family.


Just remember that no matter how stressed out you may get, it will all be over soon. Do the things you love to do. Oh, and puppies make everything better!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you got out and played softball as a destresser! It's always hard at this time of year with all the stress from school and everything else. I hope the puppy you helped save is doing great. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Softball and puppies are 2 of life's greatest gifts behind amazing friends and family. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your day at the park, helped out a lost puppy, and got to spend time with your dad!

    ReplyDelete