Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Power of Photography

I know for many spring break means traveling down south and spending a week on the beach. As much as I would love going down to Florida, I did not get that opportunity. I did do something that I love though, take pictures.



One thing you all will learn about me is the strong love I have for nature and exploring. Any chance I get, I like to go out and find somewhere new. This means having my camera by my side. I wanted to share some of the reasons I find photography important along with some of my favorite images from this week.

1.      Capture the moment
We all know that pictures are an amazing way to capture the essence of a moment. They are a great way to remember any moment in time. The good or the bad. The joyful or the sad. No matter the feeling of the moment a photograph can capture it all.

2.      The photographer’s eye
One of the most amazing things about photography is the fact that what you see in the image is just a glimpse of a whole. Also, what you see is what the artist is choosing for you to see. The photographer has the chance to crop the image however they want. This makes the meaning behind an image so much stronger.

3.      The meaning of the image
There is great beauty in the idea that any image can be interpreted in any way. The meaning can be influenced by the way the image was taken, but in the end the viewer decides their own meaning behind the image. As the viewer, you get to create your own story that goes along with the photograph. It is all about how you interpret the image.

Photography can be something different for each person. For me, photography is a major stress reliever and it allows me to explore new things. I could easily spend hours out in nature taking pictures of everything around me and that is exactly what I did over spring break.


Feel free to share some of your experiences with photography or even share your spring break adventures in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see more of your pictures, I love photography too however it falls at the bottom of my priority list. I am hoping to break out the camera more after graduation. I would love to be able to take family photos in the future.

    ReplyDelete