Sunday, March 5, 2017

Being a part of something more

I have recently made the decision of pledging Kappa Phi, a Christian club at Ohio Northern University. There comes a time in life when you feel the desire to be part of something bigger. I am at that point in my life.

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about who I am and where I am in life. Religion has always been a part of my life that I have struggled with. Recently I made the decision to join Kappa Phi. Just in a short amount of time I have realized that no matter how broken my life may feel, there is always going to be someone there for me. Being involved in this group has taught me that I am never alone. I have gained a large support group and friends that care about me, even though I just met most of them.

Going into this new experience was scary and nerve racking. Would I fit in? Would I make friends? Would this be worth the nerves? The answer to these questions is yes! You never know what will happen if you don’t try. You must take the first step to make a change in your life. Making the decision I did is probably the best decision I have make in a long time.


So, I would like to ask you a few questions. Have you made the decision to be a part of something more? Have you ever been in a situation where you were scared to join a new group or club? I would love to hear about your experiences in a similar situation. 

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading about your personal thoughts and experiences, it is what makes your blog, you! That's so great that you branched out and decided to join Kappa Phi! I am religious as well, so this is nice to know that something like this exists for you to be a part of. Joining a new club like this can be nerve racking because you don't know exactly what you're getting into, but I'm happy you made the right decision it sounds like! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy your journey in Kappa Phi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news! I am so happy that you have found a place where you are comfortable and enjoy the company! I also find myself thinking about my life's purpose and how there is so much more than just the day-to-day that we live in. I never really understand religion when I was younger and saw it as more of a restriction. Now that I am older, I am ablate freely seek out healthy relationships and make decisions based on what I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you have found a group of girls that will help you grow in your faith and give your life to Jesus Christ. I too am involved religiously on campus with Northern Christian Fellowship. I was very hesitant to join at the beginning of the first semester. I wasn't sure how I would fit in or if everyone being from various denominations would make a difference. Growing up in a small town majority of people were Catholic so I hadn't really been exposed to those of a different faith much. I absolutely have no regrets about joining NCF. I am so happy that you have found a great organization on campus too. Prayers that you continue to grow into the person God is calling you to be.

    ReplyDelete