Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Little Blue Book: Volume Three

This week’s readings stand out with the “Don’ts” on how to not look clueless on social media. I mean who wants to look clueless on their social media? I know I do not. As obvious as it may seem it is key to not look portray yourself as clueless. You may not even know you are doing some of these things, but after this I hope you learn a few ways to improve the way you interact on social media.

 Below are just a few of the “Don’ts” that stood out to me as I was reading.

1.      Don’t be an orifice
If want you want to say has no value, is belligerent, or shuts down others posts, then you should not say them. It is as simple as that. Don’t say hurtful/harmful things just because you think it might make you look “cool.”

2.      Don’t buy followers or ask people to follow you
People think that having many followers is important, and it is. But it is even more important that those followers are interactive toward your posts. If you ask people to follow you or buy followers, you are not getting quality followers. They can often just be an empty name on the list of followers.

3.      Don’t worry about unfollows
It does NOT matter who you unfollow. People quit frankly do not care about this. More than likely if you unfollow someone, it will not influence someone to unfollow that same person. Also, don’t worry why people unfollow you. It is a process and a part of social media. It happens. It is not worth stressing over those who leave.

4.      Don’t swear
I really like this one because I am often turned off from reading something that had profane language. Especially repeated swearing. It used to represent openness and sincerity, but it is also seen as inarticulate and clueless.


I hope you have learned something, as I have, from these few tips. Just remember to represent yourself or your company in a professional or intelligent manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment