Friday, February 17, 2017

Pinterest and the Wedding Industry

It is no shocker to the people who know me that Pinterest is my favorite social platform. While searching for recent activity involving the social media world, I found an article on SocialMedia Today involving recent data on Pinterest and its involvement in wedding planning. I found some of the findings from the study to be shocking, while others seem more obvious.


I just want to share some of the results the Pinterest company found while conducting their study.

1.    Busiest months for wedding planning:
The study found that January through March are the busiest months. Pinners are also using Pinterest more when they are still in the “discovery mode” and searching for what they might like. This seems obvious to me because I feel as though people are planning during those times for a springtime wedding.

2.   Searches and Pins per year:
The results showed that Pinners save nearly 900 million Pins about weddings per year. They also conduct 378 million wedding-related searches every year.

3.   Engaged Pinners:
Pinterest says that 81% of engaged Pinners start planning on Pinterest before they’re even engaged. This is not a shocking comment to me. As a female, planning your wedding is one of the biggest events in your life, so having ideas ahead of time does not come as a surprise.

These are just three of the points made in the article. So, I have a couple of questions for you all. Have you or someone you know started their wedding planning ahead of time? Was Pinterest a first resort? What do you feel is the most important part of the wedding planning process?

“From finding the perfect dress, to last rose petal falling on the isle, and the romantic kiss after the I do’s, you fall in love with the idea that today is the day, your dreams come true.”
 -Faith Lugibihl

1 comment:

  1. I personally believe Pinterest is the go to place for newly engaged girls. Once my soon to be sister in-law was beginning to plan her wedding, she started with Pinterest to find a color theme she liked, types of centerpieces etc. It is so easy to see how things look and what you in vision for your big day. I love Pinterest, I pinning for your wedding even before being engaged is a must!

    ReplyDelete